Vail Resorts has been fined more than $27,000 for safety violations after a Stowe Mountain Resort employee was thrown from a zip line ride and died last fall. Police say Scott Lewis, of Stowe, hit the anchoring platform that was holding the line and could not be revived. WCAX-TV reports that investigators found that a component of the lanyard supporting Lewis had not been properly inspected or replaced as the manufacturer recommends. The station reports that investigators also found in their report last month that the resort failed to provide training to each employee required to use the equipment.